DBKL to get Ikram to check integrity of OUG slope

KUALA LUMPUR City Hall (DBKL) will engage the Public Works Institute of Malaysia (Ikram) to determine if it is safe to carry out works on the land next to the Bukit OUG condominiums.

More than 20 Bukit OUG residents turned up at the DBKL headquarters in Jalan Raja Laut with Seputeh MP Teresa Kok to hand in a memorandum to voice their objections against the proposed developments on the land neighbouring their property.

Residents had previously called for a press conference at their condominiums last Saturday to highlight the issue after a notice board was erected to inform the public that there was an application to increase the density of the middle plot of land from 60 people per acre to 500.

Among their concerns were that earth works and land clearing have commenced even before the June 18 objection deadline.

“We are also not happy that we have not been informed about other developments in the area that has already been approved.

“We have not been presented with any EIA (environmental impact assessment) and traffic dispersal study reports,” said resident Tan Jo Hann, who was among the residents who met with KL mayor Tan Sri Ahmad Fuad Ismail.

Speaking to reporters after the meeting, Ahmad Fuad said there were several proposed developments on the parcels of land near the condominiums.

“One of them is a mixed development that has been approved at the One-Stop Centre (OSC) but the official approval has not been issued to them,” he said.

He also said that under the KL Structure Plan, the allowable density in the area was 400 people per acre and the approved development was only 240 people per acre.

“We received an application for a project that had a density of 500 people per acre and we would consider the application because there would be an LRT station there.

“However, we would take into account the feedback and opinions of the residents,” he added.

Ahmad Fuad said they would seek the help of Ikram to check on the safety of the slope and the types of reinforcement needed to be carried out.

He added that DBKL would investigate whether the landowners had flouted any regulations when they started land-clearing works before getting the approval to do so.

After the meeting, Tan said they would still insist on a public hearing to voice their opinions and would also get residents from other condominiums in the area for their support in the matter.

http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?file=/2011/6/16/central/8898949&sec=central

 

 

Posted on June 16, 2011, in In news, P122. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: