Selangor tops in FDI for Q1

Thursday, May 26, 2011

PETALING JAYA: Selangor obtained RM2.5bil in foreign direct investment (FDI) between January and March, the highest amount by any state.

Selangor exco member for investments, trade and industry Teresa Kok said: “Out of this, some RM1.5bil or 60% came from foreign investors. The remaining 40% or RM1bil comprised local investments.

“This shows that local investors are satisfied with the Selangor government and are willing to invest in the state.”

She said this in a statement yesterday, based on the latest statistics by the Malaysian Investment Development Authority (Mida).

South Korea was the biggest investor with total investments of RM637mil, followed by Singapore with RM485mil and Australia with RM102mil.

Kok, who is also Seputeh MP, said Selangor’s FDI was two times that of Johor, the state with the second highest amount of new investments.

Johor secured FDI totalling RM766mil, followed by Sarawak with RM656mil.

Kok said Selangor also recorded the highest number of industrial projects.

“Its 59 projects make up 32% of the total industrial projects in the country,” she said, adding that 43 of the 59 projects were new.

Kok said Selangor also created 3,880 new job opportunities.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2011/5/26/nation/8757324&sec=nation

Posted on June 1, 2011, in In news. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: